Google

Friday 20 July 2007

Mop-scapade

I was mopping the floor the other day and had done most of it before Sophie woke up. Then she woke up and naturally, scuttled over to the bucket of water to see what it was. She pulled herself up and found bubbles inside, so naturally, she put her hands in to play.



I took her away but she crawled over to it again. As I had only a tiny bit left to mop, I thought I would just finish it - maybe 2 minutes more - and then clear away the bucket and all. Before I had time to do so, I heard a crash and a wail and little Miss Moppet had overturned the bucket and drenched herself and the floor; knocking her head on the floor when she fell backward. I had then to take her wet romper off and rush to get towels to mop up the water.



As I was mopping up the water, she was 'swimming' on the floor very happily. I took a towel to the bathroom to wring it out and when I came back she was sucking on one of the other towels! As a result our floorboards are now slightly warped!
Oh baby....

No comments: